The Indianapolis Radio Club is a general interest ham radio group that was founded in 1914 and has met continuously since that time.
- The Ivy Tech radio club meetings are held concurrently with the Indianapolis Radio Club meetings
- Meetings are held at Ivy Tech Community College at 7:30 PM on the second (2nd) Friday of each month except for July and August. When the IVY tech facilities are not available on line meetings are held using the ZOOM software platform
- The Indianapolis Radio Club Station W9JP is co-located with the IVY Tech ARC Club Station W9IVY at the Meridian Street Campus IFC building
Winter Field Day Announcement:
As was announced at the club meeting on the 14th, the Indianapolis Radio
Club will be participating in Winter Field Day this Saturday, Jan. 29, from
2:00 to 6:00, at the Salvation Army EDS Facility at 4020 Georgetown Road.
Those that participated in this event in 2020 will remember the fun and
fellowship that we had, as well as the "award winning chili" supplied by
Bert Williams, KC9TQA, of the Salvation Army. This is a great chance for
those that haven't operated much in a contest to "get their feet wet". We
will be using the Salvation Army's SATERN station at the EDS, and WFD is a
pretty "low key" event, so don't be shy to step up to the mic.
If you don't know where the EDS is, follow this link:
Also, there is a rumor you might be able to get your HT programmed there.
Hope to see everyone there Saturday!
Meetings and Announcements :
- Winter Field Day Jan 29 2pm-6pm
Salvation Army EDS
4020 Georgetown Rd, Indianapolis, IN 46254
- Club officers updated and picture page updated
- Feb. 2022: Highlights from Consumer Electronics Show by Dave Arland
- March 2022: USS Indianapolis Radio Room by Jason Edwardson, IWM
- April 8: RF Exposure Testing explained from ARRL
Check out the operating news page for the POTA presentation by AC9HP