The Indianapolis Radio Club is a general interest ham radio group that was founded in 1914 and has met continuously since that time.
- Indianapolis Radio Club meetings
- IRC meetings begin at 7:30 PM on the second (2nd) Friday of each month except for July and August. Meetings are preceded by a "meet and greet time" beginning at 7:00 pm. In-person meeting locations will be announced. When not meeting in person, our meetings are held using the ZOOM software platform.
- The Indianapolis Radio Club Station call sign is W9JP
Meetings and Announcements :
- Upcoming IRC Meetings and Events:
February 24, Club POTA operating event at Fort Harrison State Park.
The location will be by the Visitor Center and Museum. On Google maps look for Scout Road ana Otis Ave east of the visitor center.
The plan right now is to have two HF stations on the air, and the club will be using Gordon and Ellen Brock's (KD9RUE and KD9RUD's) enclosed tent to protect us from the wind.
Plan on getting started around noon and go until 3:00 or so.
March 7: Marion County Spotter training classes 6 pm to 8 pm at Salvation Army EDS
March 8: Station Set-up considerations with K9RU, KB9RDS, and KJ9B at Salvation Army EDS Training Facility
April 12: ARRL panel discussion at Salvation Army EDS Training Facility
May 10: Amateur Balloons
June 14: Auction
June 22 and 23: Field Day
The Indiana War Memorial Plaza is listed as Parks-On-The-Air # 10561.
USS Indianapolis Radio Room in park K-10561 POTA operation details will be added to operating page
- USS Indianapolis Radio Room
- Check Pictures page for new POTA club call W9JP events pictures
2023 Group picture
Support the Indianapolis Radio Club with your membership or donation